This map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Suffolk area of the East of England, including Harwich and Felixstowe, Ipswich, Thetford Forest and Beccles.
Sustrans 18 Suffolk Cycle Map
Sustrans are improving the National Cycle Network to make it more accessible for everyone. As part of our Paths for Everyone vision, some sections of the Network have been removed or reclassified. There may be sections within these maps that are no longer part of the Network. These sections are likely to be on busier roads and will suit more experienced cyclists.
Suffolk Cycle Map
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the Suffolk area of the East of England, including Harwich and Felixstowe, Ipswich, Thetford Forest and Beccles.
Suffolk is a largely low-lying arable county of blue skies and gentle gradients that form beautiful vistas and make for wonderful cycling country. The county varies subtly from east to west changing from coastal Suffolk salt marshes, estuaries and mudflats to ancient woodlands, valleys and historic medieval settlements, to pine forest and open heathland.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.
Printed on durable and water resistant paper.
Major cycle routes covered by this map:
- National Route 1 (North Sea Cycle Route) between Langham and Loddon via Ipswich, Halesworth and Beccles.
- National Route 13 between Bures and Thompson via Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds and Thetford.
- Regional Route 30 between Brandon and Lowestoft via Thetford (and Theford Forest), Harleston and Beccles.
- Regional Route 31 between Southwold and Raveningham
- Regional Route 40 between Framlingham and Bungay
- Regional Route 41 between Martlesham and Bruistard
- Regional Route 42 between Snape and east of Walpole
- Regional Route 48 between Ipswich and Raydon
- National Route 51 between Bury St Edmunds and Felixstowe via Ipswich.
- Suffolk Coastal Cycle Route on various routes
Published: Nov 2016
Size: 10 x 15 cm folded, 60 x 80 cm unfolded