Discover the varied landscape and history of Norfolk through fifteen beautifully illustrated walks, each with a detailed route description and information on points of interest.
Highways and Byways: Illustrated Walks in Norfolk
Marion Addy has been walking the highways and byways of her native Norfolk and painting in watercolour all her life. With time on her hands during the 2020 pandemic, Marion has put her two passions together in this beautifully illustrated book of her fifteen favourite walks.
The description of each walk includes:
- A hand drawn map showing the route and marked with locations of points of interest.
- A detailed description of the route, with length, typical time, suggested car parking and OS map grid reference
- Background information on points of interest along the route
- Hand painted water colour illustrations by the author
- A blank page for your own notes and observations
Walk 1 Honing, Meeting Hill and Briggate
Walk 2 Honing, Crostwight and East Ruston
Walk 3 Around Blakeney
Walk 4 Around Salthouse
Walk 5 Cley, Wiveton and Blakeney
Walk 6 Wells to Holkham
Walk 7 Holkham to Burnham Thorpe
Walk 8 Warham and Wighton
Walk 9 Around the Burnhams
Walk 10 Brancaster
Walk 11 Around Blickling
Walk 12 Sheringham Park to Weyboume
Walk 13 Overstrand, Northrepps and Sidestrand
Walk 14 Mundesley, Bacton, Edingthorpe (Paston) and Knapton
Walk 15 Mundesley, Gimingham and Trunch